Huntsville’s Premier Personal Injury Attorney

Giving You The Answers You Need

Mark A. Jackson, P.C., in Huntsville advocates for the victims of catastrophic accidents throughout Alabama. In his considerable experience, founding attorney Mark A. Jackson has handled successful claims involving car, truck and motorcycle accidents, to name just a few.

He believes that you deserve to understand your options and rights in the overwhelming, emotional aftermath of a personal injury. On this page, he has included a few of the most frequently asked questions that he hears from prospective clients.

What should I do after I have been in a motor vehicle accident?

First, try to write down everything that happened in the auto accident, even if it doesn’t seem important. This includes your exact location, where you were driving to, who you were with, the weather outside, and the time of day. Also, describe any people who may have seen the accident. They may be witnesses in your case.

For the next week or so, keep a diary of anything you experienced as a result of the accident, such as pain, distress, difficulty sleeping, doctor visits, missed work, and more.

Do I really need to hire a lawyer?

Yes – emphatically, yes. In fact, the sooner you seek advice from an injury attorney, the better. The other driver’s insurance company may try to conceal evidence, get you to admit fault and offer you less compensation than you deserve. You need the service of a lawyer who can preserve important evidence, advocate for your best interests and stand up for your rights.

How do claims involving uninsured and underinsured drivers work?

Even though the state requires all drivers to purchase auto insurance, many do not. If your crash involved an uninsured or uninsured motorist (UM/UIM), you may need to get a signed statement from them to prove that they do not have insurance. Then, you will have to seek compensation from your own insurance provider. If you have UM/UIM coverage, this will be fairly straightforward. If not, though, you will need the advocacy of an experienced lawyer.

How will I pay for an attorney?

If you decide to hire Mr. Jackson, you will not have to worry about cost at all. He works on a contingency fee basis; you pay nothing upfront. He collects a small portion of the financial recovery. If he does not get money for you, you do not have to pay him. His consultations are also 100% free.

If I was in an accident, will my insurance company cover all my medical expenses?

This will depend on your insurance policy and the extent of your coverage. If the claim is simple and the accident is clearly within the scope of your insurance policy, your insurer should pay for your medical bills up to the maximum limit defined in your policy.

Complicated claims, however, will require an investigation by the company’s insurance adjuster to decide whether they will offer a settlement or deny the claim. It is not unusual for adjusters to attempt to minimize the amount the company has to pay out in damages, so initial settlement offers are often low.

To ensure that your medical bills are covered, you must obtain medical authorization from your insurer. If your claim is denied, it could be due to policy limitations. Therefore, it is crucial to meticulously review your policy to verify that your claim has not been incorrectly denied.

Reach Out To Mark A. Jackson, P.C.

If you feel that your accident claim was unfairly denied by your insurer, or that the insurance company’s settlement offer was too low, do not hesitate to contact the firm at 256-929-6391. With Mr. Jackson’s experience, he is able to level the playing field with insurance companies, helping his clients receive maximum compensation under their insurance policies.